10.03.2006

Lips

This is something I've been wanting to shoot for a while. I love lips, especially with red lipstick because the color is so great and really defines the shape. The peppermint was added for a more interesting composition and the colors matched well. It was shot in the studio with a Canon 5D, 50mm macro lens. Exposure was 1/200 @ f/32. Photoshop used only for color to make the reds really pop and spotting.

This is how the lights were set up. Two Broncolor strobes to the side for an even look while bringing out the highlights in the lipgloss. Yes, that's me with half my face painted white and a mint in my teeth. I photographed my own lips for this one.

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Sara I think this is great I have a question for you though just food for thought. I realize that this concept for this image was yours but Tres shot it so I can't help but wonder who's photograph is it? I was there when you shot this and I am so happy with the way it turned out.

10:19 AM  
Blogger RC said...

Sara, this is BEAUIFUL!!! I love the idea you had of putting the peppermint in the shot as well! the lighting is dead on and the highlights on the right of your lips are great! nicely done! :)

5:00 PM  
Blogger K. B. Minton said...

I reallllly love this sara!!

you did SUCH a great job at getting your idea out of your head and shot great! that must feel great!

great job getting everything perfect.. I LOVE IT! <3

7:44 PM  
Blogger Nathan Reynolds said...

this is a great shot, i really like the idea and i like how shiny the lipstick is. the candy looks just right.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Robert W. Brafford III said...

Love the contrast from the dark red lips to the really light skin....great work and idea!

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home